Sunday 23 April 2023

Disciplined By God

Proverbs 3:11-12 NLT My child, don’t reject the Lord’s discipline , and don’t be upset when He corrects you. For the Lord corrects those He loves, just as a father corrects a child in whom he delights.

 

Discipline means “to teach and to train.” Discipline sounds negative to many people because some discipliniarians are not loving. God however is the source of all love. He doesn’t punish because He enjoys inflicting pain but because He is deeply concerned about our devleopment. He knows that in order to become morally strong and good, we must learn the difference between right and wrong. His loving disipline enables us to do that.

 

Prayer

 

Holy Spirit, please help me walk in submission and obedience to the Lord Jesus Christ. Do not allow me to be undiciplined or be unruly, but help me to walk a godly and holy life with Jesus Christ. I ask You to set me free from everything that hinders Your plans for me. Only you are worthy to be praised, adorned, and loved, and I will not worship anyone other than You. I ask this prayer in Jesus’ precious and holy name.  Amen


  

No comments:

Post a Comment