Monday 20 November 2017

New Blog Post: ‘Come Into God’s House and Meet with Him in Prayer’ – ‘Filled with Joy‘

And now I am coming to you. I have told them many things while I was with them so that they would be filled with my joy. I have given them your commands. And the world hates them because they don’t fit in with it, just as I don’t. (John 17:13-14 TLB)

God has shown me the difference between His joy and my happiness. My happiness depends upon my circumstances. When something happens in my life that I like, I am happy. But when things turn out otherwise, I lose my happiness. If something bad happens to me, my happiness is replaced with sadness or disappointment. On the other hand, God’s joy never varies with changing circumstances. His joy resides in Him and His words- the words given to Him by the Father for Him to speak to us. The key to immeasurable joy is living in intimate contact with Christ, the source of all joy. When we do, we will experience God’s special care and protection and see the victory God brings even when defeat seems certain. God’s word sustains us through the Holy Spirit. When we abide in His words, His joy will abide in us! Then we will receive even more joy when you spend more time abiding in His words. His joy will fill us up and overflow to those around us.

                                                         Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for filling me with all of Your joy, through the Holy Spirit of God. May I continue to abide in Your word, no matter what my circumstances maybe. Do not let me be sad or disappointed. When something bad happens to me, may I continue to remain happy and contented because You are in control of all my circumstances in the precious name of Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment