Monday 22 December 2014

New Blog Post: ‘Keep Yourself Pure’



2 Timothy 2:21-26 NCV All who make themselves clean from evil will be used for special purposes. They will be made holy, useful to the Master, ready to do any good work.
But run away from the evil young people like to do. Try hard to live right and to have faith, love, and peace together with those who trust in the Lord from pure hearts. Stay away from foolish and stupid arguments because you know they grow into quarrels. And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, a good teacher and patient. The Lord’s servant must gently teach those who disagree. Then maybe God will let them change their minds so they can accept the truth. And they will wake up and escape from the trap of the devil who catches them to do what he wants.

Prayer

Lord Jesus, I ask You to help me to keep myself pure and run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Do not let me get involved in foolish arguments that starts fights, but help me to be a utensil for every good work and ready for the Master’s use. Let me follow You because this makes me want to do what is right. Let me pursue faith, love, and peace and enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts.
As Your servant I must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, sometimes I find this difficult to do, so I ask You to grant me the grace to be able to do this.
Help me to be patient and effective with difficult people. Help me gently to teach those who oppose the truth. Then they will come to their senses and escape from the Devil’s trap. I know what the devil is capable of doing. Before I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour and Lord I was in the devils camp. The Devil held me captive to do whatever he wanted me to do. Jesus Christ came and rescued and saved me from all my evil ways. He set me free and all the devils works are bound on earth as it is in heaven which seek to rise up and molest me in the almighty name of Jesus Christ. Jesus, I thank You for breaking down all the strongholds and freeing me from the prison I was in.
I also ask You Jesus, to bind up the broken – hearted and speak to them Lord, that they can be absolutely certain what You did for me You have also have done for them on the Cross of Calvary. Break-down every stronghold in every life which has yet to acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, granting them the true knowledge and understanding that You are Lord and Saviour of their lives. You came to this world to save Your people. May each and every one of your people know true joy of knowing that having a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ the Saviour of the world is the most important relationship they will ever have now and forever more? Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment