Friday 4 April 2014

New Blog Post: “Grounded and Strengthened in Faith.”



Ephesians 3:16-18 NIV I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ

Prayer

O my beloved God, strengthen me with Your power through Your Holy Spirit in my inner being, so that Christ may dwell in my heart. I pray You that You will root me and establish me with love and faith grounded in Christ Jesus together with all the saints. I wish to grasp how wide, how long, how high, and how deep is the love of Christ. You instruct me to continue my walk with my faith as this too is my desire. Through both the highs and lows of my life You show me how to have a close meaningful relationship with You. I grow steadily into maturity in my faith as I focus upon what You have done for me. I will not focus on my feelings and emotions. Give to me Your discernment then I will understand Your decrees. Help me to sense what is vital by approving and prising what is excellent and of real value to You. Help me to recognize the highest and the best and help me to distinguish the moral differences to be untainted, pure, unerring, and blameless so my heart is sincere certain and unsullied. As the day of Christ is approaching, may I not stumble nor cause others to stumble. Help me to prioritize and select the greater cause rather that the lesser option to it. I commit this prayer into Your keeping in Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment