Monday 21 April 2014

New Blog Post: “God’s Discipline Proves His Love”




Hebrews 12:1-2 NLT Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting Him, He endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now He is seated in the place of honour beside God’s throne.

Hebrews 13:7 NLT Remember your leaders who taught you the Word of God. Think of all the good that has come from their lives, and follow the example of their faith.

Prayer

O my precious Father, I want to praise and thank You for disciplining me through Jesus Christ my precious Lord and through the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit of God. I strip off every weight that has slowed me down, especially the sin within my life that can so easily trip me up.
Father, I ask You to forgive me everything I have done wrong which is contrary to Your will. It is not my intentions to continue to sin against You anymore. I do desire however to live in a righteous, holy and godly life which will magnify and exalt the Lord Jesus Christ through my testimony and witness. Only You can make this possible for me as I depend upon, lean upon and rely upon the Holy Spirit of God to help me to do this.
I acknowledge and accept Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour and Lord and He reigns over my spirit, heart, mind and soul. I remember the teachings which have been written down in the Word of God as an example for me to follow this builds up my faith in Him. Father, I desire to run the race with endurance that You have set before me. I can do this by constantly keeping my eyes focused upon Jesus, the champion that initiates and perfects my faith. He is the only One who helps me to become the person God wants me to become and I desire this with all my heart to live my life worthy of the calling of Jesus Christ which He has placed upon my life. Only He is worthy to be praised, adored and loved forever and always to the glory of our heavenly Father. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment