Saturday 13 July 2013

New Blog Post: "Transformed By God"



Romans 12: 2 NIV Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – His good, pleasing and perfect will.

I had been going to church up until the age of seventeen then for some unknown reason my church days came to an end apart from the usual weddings and funerals.
It was then I began walking in the path of evil. My first encounter with evil was when I was asked to go to a fortune teller by the colleagues I was working with. In my heart I knew this was wrong but because my colleagues had invited me to go rather than let them down I went along with the crowd. I was terrified and felt uneasy but no way would I tell them how I was feeling. I just put on a brave face in front of them I was good at doing that. They convinced me it was just a bit of fun. Some of our colleagues had already been to the fortune teller and they came back with such enthusiasm they convinced us all what was told to them was the truth.
I had always known within my heart there was something I had to do. I did not know what the purpose was but this is when I began exploring and searching different avenues to try and find out what it was. I had been told I had gifts and talents and could help others with the talents I had been given. Satan also knew I had gifts and talents and he wanted me to use those gifts and talents for him. He was trying to influence my decisions and what I did. I was going deeper and deeper into the occult (the evil). I have always been gullible and taken in by others the enemy knew this and he had taken me in too. I believed and convinced myself what the fortune teller had told me was true. This was a mistake what I did not know then but I do know now I had stepped out of the will of God and opened the door to evil when I went to the fortune teller. Satan had put me in a trap. I had allowed him to have strongholds over my life which I could not break.
I went deeper into the path of evil and the occult when I began going to see Clairvoyance, Spiritualist and reading Tarot Cards because someone had given me a pack. In some ways I was naïve and my whole heart just wanted to help others any way I could. I am not making any kind of excuses for what I did but now I have the experience which I can now speak out about the evil forces of this earth. The more darkness I touched the worst my life became. I did not know how to get out of the mess I was in.
It was Jesus Christ who set me free when He revealed Himself to me in the hospital. He brought me the real truth. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life and once I accepted and received Him as my personal Saviour and Lord and knew He had forgiven me all my sins my life was transformed by Him.
He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love He predestined us to be adopted as His sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will – to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One He loves. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches’ of God’s grace that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. And He made known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfilment – to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ (Ephesians 1:4-10 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment