Wednesday 8 October 2014

New Blog Post: “Learning God’s Will”



Psalm 40:8 I delight to do Your will, O my God, And Your law is within my heart.

Prayer

Father, I delight to do Your will for Your law is written within my heart and I desire to follow the promptings of the Holy Spirit of God. I am ready to follow You in obedience and ask You to make all things clear to me by showing me Your desires and heart so I can follow You.
Daily, I study the Bible; and pray and mediate upon Your Word. I worship You with other believing Christians and pray and exercise and prepare myself to be in the will of God. Let my heart be alert and sensitive to the Holy Spirit of God asking Him to guide and lead me into His perfect plan.
Help me also to discern His voice through Jesus Christ my precious Lord. I ask Him to open up my mind to the Scriptures in the name of Jesus Christ. Open up my ears to hear His voice calling my name and grant me eyes to see the Scriptures from His point-of-view. This will enable and empower me to understand in the wisdom and knowledge of Christ seeking Him with all of my heart. I pray that God would discipline and correct me in godliness, holiness and righteousness for the glory and praise of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Lessons to be Learnt

All of us must be prepared to discover God’s will for our lives this is a major part of our journey with God.  Are you willing to sacrifice what you want for what God want’s for your lives? Are you willing to follow when God makes it clear to you what He desires through His Holy Spirit? Are you preparing yourselves to be in the centre of God’s will? All of God’s children should be prepared by praying meditating on the Scriptures and exercise the faith God has given then to use. 2 Corinthians 5:7 NIV: For we live by faith, not by sight. We should ask that our spirits be sensitized to the Holy Spirit of God, bending our hearts to holiness and godliness and asking Him to equip us to hear and discern the voice of God as He speaks to us through the Scriptures.

No comments:

Post a Comment